I really like development in Visual Studio even if I have a feature to implement for other platforms. And anytime I can I try to continue this experience. Period.
This time I had a pleasure to wrap several HTTPS calls using libcurl. But how to make it run on my x64 Windows machine? There is some info on StackOverflow.com, what can be moved to VS2017 in following steps:
- Start VS2017 console: "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" amd64
- Download the curl-7.53.1.zip source-code and unzip it
- enter “winbuild” folder
- compile with Windows SSL build-in support: nmake /f Makefile.vc mode=static VC=14 ENABLE_IPV6=no MACHINE=AMD64(optionally mode can be set as ‘dll’ to have later one more DLL do deal with in the project)
- grab the outcomes from “/builds/libcurl-vc14-AMD64-release-static-sspi-winssl” folder
- setup new project’s ‘include’ and ‘lib’ folder (put libcurl_a.lib or libcurl.lib into references)
- and remember to take a look at samples!